About WTFK – Kristen Day
- Texas DPS Certified License to Carry Instructor
- USCCA CCHDF (Concealed Carry & Home Defense Fundamentals) Certified Instructor
- USCCA Women’s Handgun & Self-Defense Fundamentals
- USCCA Countering the Mass Shooter Threat
- NRA Certified Range Safety Officer (RSO)
- NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
- Smart Move Course from Kita Busse of 180 Firearms Training
- Train Smart Course from Kita Busse of 180 Firearms Training
- & tons of other classes and instructors around the US but it’s not always about how many classes I can take but how I manage to maintain my skills by practice and use
- IDPA SSP Expert
- USPSA Production C Class
- USPSA Limited C Class
Shooting for fun is just icing on the cake. My knowledge about safety and self defense is empowering. Knowing I have a better chance to live because of this is paramount!
I wanted to be a cop when I was a teen – so I took a Basic Firearms class at the San Diego Police Dept. I learned how to shoot with my first love – my Colt 1911. Later I found that trying to conceal that wasn’t going to happen, so I got a compact .45.
Fast forward, my military family moved to Virginia and just a mile from a range. Obama happened and I downsized to 9mm firearms and continued to target shoot.
Fast forward again, my husband’s job moved us to Texas. I started my own business and found out about a ladies shooting group which I became involved in. I became part of their team helping other ladies and thus became an NRA Certified Pistol Instructor and an NRA Certified Range Safety Officer (RSO).
I then found out about shooting matches and competition and thought, hey, this is great so began to embark slowly into the competition world – IDPA, USPSA and Steel Challenge.
My involvement in these sports and sharing on social media usually gets attention from my girlfriends and I have often become the go to person for questions on how to shoot, what gun to buy and etc. So, it just made sense, to get into empowering women with firearms, safety and the sports. Especially as an empty nester, a little more free time.. and hanging with girlfriends and guns – doesn’t get much better than that!
Let me know how I can help you!
Always start with safety and work at your knowedge and experience.
Get help with what gun to buy with your purpose, goals and skills in mind.
It’s something to consider and prepare you for should something happen in your home?
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
what They’re Saying
After buying a new pistol and having not gone shooting in years, I was less confident than i should be with my weapon. She slowed it down, focused on safety, watched my natural stance and made corrections while keeping me comfortable and confident. I left that session much more prepared. I cannot wait for our next training session!
Let's Get Started
Let's chat - see where your level is - what you need help with and we can go from there.